I will remember this year.
Exactly a year ago today, I held newborn twins in my arms for the first time, and started the greatest adventure of my life.
It was an eventful year in other ways too:
- My husband graduated from law school.
- We moved across the country from Chicago to Colorado, in a three-day road trip with seven-week-old twins and our "big" kids too.
- My husband also studied for and passed the bar exam, and started a new job.
- Our eldest started preschool.
- My (lovely, amazing) sister got married, and the oldest and I traveled to be part of the celebration.
- We hosted visitors multiple times - our dear friend Michelle, Grandma (several times, and Grandpa once too, and soon Grandma again with Aunt Faye), along with Aunt Katie and her lovely husband for Christmas.
- We had injuries (a sprained ankle, a sprained back) and illness (stomach flu, possible whooping cough in the girls that caused our first ER visit) and plenty of garden-variety colds through the winter season.
- The little guy potty trained.
And somewhere through all of that, we started running...and haven't stopped yet.
In a year, I have gone from this:
And the girls have gone from this:
They eat, they crawl and wow do they keep me busy - but I wouldn't have it any other way. I celebrated this very fast year with some very fast speed intervals this morning, and can't wait to see what milestones we reach in the next year. Happy birthday to my sweet and wonderful twins!
Miles added since my last post:
1.51 miles (hills!)
2 miles (speed drills!)
For a total of: 3.51 miles
Year to date miles: 158.86 miles