Our Lovely Chaos

Monday, May 2, 2011

Always Busy (Day 117 - Day 122)

Even more busy times since my last update. That can't be too surprising, right? We're under 5 weeks until my triathlon now (gulp again) but thankfully, training is going well. I have started cutting back on running (still keeping the daily mile streak going) to add for more biking and swimming. So far I'm biking on the spinning bike here at home, since the weather has been pretty terrible. But spring is on the way according to the forecast! I hope to bike outside later this week. Today I actually hit all three: biked and ran this morning, and meeting my swimming buddy for a pool workout tonight.

What else did we do last week? Unfortunately the sore throat/cold I had really took me out and the cough is still hanging around. I had more moments like this than usual. We aren't big TV people, especially for the kids, but they all love their Signing Time DVDs. I was so grateful for a few minutes of quiet:


We did rally with one day of nice weather though. Managed a trip to the playground and library, and came home to play outside. Amazing how the kids can entertain themselves with simple things - these paintbrushes and water were a huge hit.


The girls had mac and cheese for the first time. They were so happy that it counts as a weekly milestone.


Between illness, a long doctor visit for the little guy and less-than-amazing weather, last week didn't make for the best workouts and was sort of exhausting in general. The good news is that this week is already off to a better start, so I'm hoping for smooth sailing for the next few days at least.

I did calculate my miles needed to reach a goal of 600 this year, and I'm slipping ever so slightly. (Need to average 1.74 a day until the end of the year now.) Hoping to add some mileage especially when this first triathlon is over in a few weeks. I don't want to be running twice a day in December to make up those miles...

Miles since my last update:

1 mile
1.5 miles (hills)
2 miles (speed)
brick (bike, 1 mile)
2 miles (speed)
brick (bike, 1 mile)

For a total of: 8.5 miles

Total miles this year: 175.46 miles

3 comments:

  1. Mac and Cheese is a staple in our diet! Keep up the good work. Your kids are adorable! Paint brushes and water? I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another week in the streak down! Mac and Cheese has never made anyone so happy, I'm sure of it!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer---
    I just wanted to reach out and give you a hug, albeit virtually. Please know that I'm here, anytime, and there are a LOT of people who can/and will be there for support. You are a fantastic mom.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete