Our Lovely Chaos

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

More Miles in the Books: Day 131 - 137

Another week of running in the books! I am slowly, very slowly, catching up toward the daily average needed to log 600 miles for the year. I remember reading about running streaks when we started this, and even the official streak organization (runeveryday.com) mentions that running streaks can be hard on your body. I didn't really understand why - it's only a mile, right? But after doing this for several months, I can feel twinges in my shins. I'm glad I made the decision to train for a 10K instead of a half marathon for this fall, because my weekly mileage isn't amazing but just pounding every. single. day. can take a toll. 

So what have we been up to? My twins are getting so big! They have dropped to two bottles a day and are eating so much food that we may soon be doing our regular grocery shopping at Costco. Recently I moved them to the table with the big kids, and they love eating together.


We also had our first overnight together since having our oldest 4.5 years ago. Tim's mom and sister were so gracious to fly into town and stay with the kids since we had a wedding to attend. I believe the kids exhausted them, which is probably not surprising...but they had a great time anyway, and we were so happy to see them. (We also enjoyed the wedding, open bar and taking cheesy self portraits like this one.)


So with less than three weeks until my triathlon, how are we doing? 

Swim - killing it. I had to contact the race organizers to join a different swim group because I have cut so much time off from where I started. I swam double the race distance last night with almost a negative split even. 

Bike - totally undertrained. I know I can go and ride 12 miles tomorrow, but sometimes riding makes the back of my knees feel tight (but not always, which is frustrating - harder to fix)...and that really hurts when transitioning to run. But I'm hoping a real bike will go better than a spinning bike, and the weather has just been awful for training outdoors. Can't do much about that.

Run - getting faster all the time, but worried about a) any knee pain following the bike and b) being too "treadmill" trained since the VAST majority of my runs happen in the basement. 

Regardless, I think I will finish and learn a lot and be ready to rock another triathlon later this summer.

Miles since last update: 

1 mile
2 miles
2.25 miles
1 mile
1 mile
3.25 miles (plus evening swim training!)
2.25 miles

For a total of: 12.75 miles

Miles year to date: 203.13 miles

1 comment:

  1. Great job again this week! I am so impressed with your running streak, and that you're swimming and biking too!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete